All ages must complete 3
- In the presence of a life saver, jump into water over your head, come to the surface and stay afloat for five minutes by treading water, swimming with minimum progress, or resting in a floating position.
- Show that you can use and care for a PFD (Personal Flotation Device).
- What happens when the canoe is overturned or if the paddles are lost?
- Find out the parts of the canoe.
- View or assist how to load a canoe to the water.
- Sit in a canoe on land at a demonstration or class of how to do strokes correctly before you go to the water.
- Learn how to pack for a canoe trip and what to bring.
- Plan an outing with an adult by using a canoe. Make sure you follow all the safety rules you learned before your outing.