Earth Hour Patches
Choose any day to turn your lights off for one hour
OR Earth Hour 2023 will be at 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM on Saturday March 25TH
(2.5 WIDE X 2 INCHES TALL patch)
If you're not sure how you'll spend your Saturday evening this Earth Hour - the 25th of March - look no further--below are some ideas!
1. Reconnect with nature
Nature doesn’t only provide us with clean air, water, and food - nature is essential for our health and happiness! So spend the Hour outside with friends and family (we guarantee a great night’s sleep afterwards!). Here are a few things you can do:
- Catch a lightning bugs in your backyard.
- Go stargazing
- Roast marshmallows or gather around a campfire.
To ensure your safety when outdoors at night, bring a flashlight, phone, and let others know where you are going beforehand.
2. Cook up a meal with your family or friends
Candle-lit dinners aren’t just for Valentine's Day! Dine in the dark this Earth Hour.
- Warm up some leftovers right before earth hour and have a candlelight dinner with family or friends.
- Create your own sandwiches and add sides from the frig or pantry.
- Make Pizzas right before earth hour and serve them up with a candlelight dinner or outside patio
- To ensure your safety with candlelight, have a parent present at all times for lighting and using the candles.
3. Spend time with your loved ones
Stay in and use the Hour to spend some quality time with those who matter most to you - a fantastic opportunity to create special memories and be close to the people you’re trying to shape a brighter future for. You can:
- Watch a movie together! Bonus points for movies set in nature or nature documentaries like Our Planet (which is completely free to watch on Youtube!).
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t talked to in awhile.
- Spend time with friends virtually for earth hour.
- Play board or card games, listen to music, or sing karaoke for earth hour.
- Read a book together with a flashlight or candlelight.
4. Discover your artistic side
- Do some night photography
- Try painting with glow-in-the-dark non-toxic paints.
- Write a song with lyrics about nature and our planet. Need some motivation? Read this article and let Taylor Swift inspire you!