Australia and Habitat
3 requirements for all ages (artistic creation)
- Australia is the only country occupying an entire continent. Locate Australia on a map and find its capital. Identify Australia’s flag.
- G’day mate! (Good day friend). English is the official language of Australia, and is also has some slang words or expressions unique to Australia. Learn five Australian words.
- Australia has unique animals that reside there. Choose four (2) animals to learn more about. Some examples are: Platypus, kangaroo, kookaburra, emu, or koala.
- Make a recipe from Australia. Examples could be a drink or dessert..
- One of the most famous buildings in Australia is the Sydney Opera House. Learn more about a landmark in Australia.
- Go to an event where Australia is represented. This can be Thinking Day, a cultural dance, or a book reading.
- Demonstrate community service for Australia by helping an animal that is endangered by donating to the cause or sending materials needed.
- Learn about a song or dance from Australia. A popular song is “Waltzing with Matilda”; or learn more about a musical instrument or dance.
- Learn more about the Great Barrier Reef. Discover 2 animals that reside there and where the reef is located.
- Create an artistic craft that represents Australia. Example: Decorate a paper boomerang or draw a picture of animals in Australia.