Seaside Adventure (Luca inspired)
Patch Kit includes:
- Seaside Adventure themed patch
- Gel pen (color changing)
- Black/dark blue piece of paper
- Sea animal bracelet kit
- Design your own sea monster
- Create your own Gelato flavor (what did you name it?)
- Spaghetti Maze
- World Search
Trenette al Pesto - Green Pasta from Luca
- 100 grams of green beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 500 grams of any pasta you love, linguine, spaghetti, etc
- 1 large yellow potato
- Pesto Alla Genovese
- 45 leaves, or 50 grams of Basil Genovese (round leaves)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp. of grated Parmigiano cheese
- 2 Tbsp. of grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 handful or 30 grams of pine nuts
- 100 ml of extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the basil and garlic in a marble mortar with a pinch of coarse salt and start mashing with the pestle and slowly add a bit of oil as you go. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, a food processor will work, too. In fact, that’s what most people use in Liguria nowadays.
- Add the pine nuts, the grated Parmigiano and the Pecorino cheeses.
- As you continue to add olive oil, the consistency should be that of a very dense cream, and the quantity of oil needed will vary depending on the mixture’s degree of absorption. If you use a food processor, don’t let it run too long or it will heat the ingredients!
- Boil pasta water and add some coarse salt to the pot. Throw in the pasta as well as the green beans and the potato. Drain the pasta once it’s cooked, but save a little bit of pasta water for the sauce. Make sure it’s still al dente, not too soft.
- Place the pesto on the bottom of the serving bowl. Add a couple spoonfuls of the pasta water for the pesto. Then add the pasta to the bowl with the pesto.
- Mix it well! Then serve it! Buon appetito a tutti voi!