Weather Wise (Brownie Try-It)
Complete 4 activities.--BOLD LETTERING= ACTIVITY SHEET INCLUDED IN DOWNLOAD
When you purchase the try-it the worksheet will be sent to you as a download.
- Learn about "homemade" weather instruments and make at least one weather instrument.
- Write down your weather for a period of at least three days.
- Learn a weather myth or legend and share it with a friend.
- Know the rules of safe conduct during a thunderstorm out of doors and indoors.
- Learn about and make the five weather flags on paper. Display a weather flag at camp or at your troop meeting.
- Participate in a weather scavenger hunt with your friends and/or take a wind walk. Examples: Create index cards or pieces of paper of different weather conditions. On a separate card place the word of that weather condition. Turn over a card and try to match it to the definition. See who can collect the most cards. Example: Sun= This symbol is used when it is hot outside.
- Learn ten of the weather symbols used by the National Weather Service. Examples: What do they use for the symbol for snow, rain, wind, and sunny days when they show the weather on TV or online.