WINTER WONDERLAND (All ages complete 3 requirements)
- Does it snow in the winter where you live? What is the normal temperature in your area for winter? What date marks the official start of winter? Learn about a different area that has different temperatures in the winter.
- Have a wintery snack or learn about foods served in the winter. Examples include: Holiday cookies, Hot cocoa, and warm soup. For extra, have a cookie exchange.
- Compare how animals and humans adapt to the winter weather. Choose an animal and name how they adapt to the weather.
- Create an art project that reflects the winter season. Examples: Paper snowflakes, snowman puppet, or painted picture.
- Read a book has a wintery theme to it.
- Learn about a winter holiday celebrated. Complete an activity representing the event.
- Why does it snow? What is the coldest temperature ever recorded in your area? Compare it to another area. For extra credit a build a snowman or create a wintry fun picture of your choice.
- Attend a winter wonderland event or visit a place that is celebrating the winter season.
- Watch a wintery themed movie, play, or participate in one.
- Donate or collect winter items for the less fortunate. Examples include: socks, hats, mittens, gloves, and coats.
- Complete a game or puzzle with a wintery theme.
- Sing a song with a wintery theme.