Wizarding Places Kit
Kit for 1 Includes:
- Wizarding World Places patch (laser cut)
- Broom pencil craft
- Magical Designer ID full color card (for completion of program)
- Notebook (colors will vary)
- laser cut licensed sticker (design will vary)
- Places booklet-12 pages (cover in colored paper)--all you need to earn the patch
- FULL COLOR 4x6 card of Wizarding places (free)
- Sketch your own alley signs in the booklet
- Design your own castle in the booklet
- Color a hut and other places in the booklet
Click here for the requirements to earn circle, triangle or rectangle of Discovering USA patch (places, things, and cities).
Requirements for the Wizarding Places Patch (Choose 1 requirement below to earn)
1. Watch a wizard movie or show that has a place that is magical, fantastic, or unique places.
2. Create your own hut, color a hut, find out more about magical huts, learn how to construct a hut OR design the inside of a hut and what items you would put in there.
3. Learn more about what is in castles, where they are located, what they are made of, and types of castles OR color or construct a castle.
4. Try or make your own magical themed food or drink, create your own menu, decorate your own cup, OR visit a restaurant.
5. Make your own shop with handmade items. You can sketch out the items you would sell in the store and try your hand at making a product for your shop OR create items with a group OR have a craft shop sale. Example of products: Different types of wands, unique candy, clay figures, crests, pens, paper, and journals. View unique wizarding shops with handmade items for inspiration.
6. Locations around the world are sometimes considered magical or give good luck to those that visit and perform certain tasks. Some are magical due to historical reasons and some are from myths. Learn about OR visit a magical place or attend a magical themed event. Examples include: Castles, The Enchanted Forest, Germany; Sorcerer's Castle in Switzerland; Cinderella's® castle; Hogwarts®, and Blarney Stone, Ireland.
7. Wizarding students visit the library to study or learn more about the magical world. Research some spells, interesting places, activities, or fun wizard items in a book or the internet, go to a new or used bookstore to look for unique books, make your own scrapbook about the places you visited or explored, decorate your own journal, OR purchase a new book to explore.
8. Potions are well-known in the magical classroom, sometimes they can transfer you to another place or transform into another person. Create your own potion (edible or non-edible), decorate a goblet or cauldron, host or go to a party with drink concoctions, OR watch a movie or show that makes potions.
9.Learn more about wizarding places architecture. Design your own wand shop, dorm room, restaurant or wizard theme building on paper OR change one that already exists. You can even sketch out an entire town with unique buildings and places to visit.
10. Design the inside of a shop, room, castle, or building on paper. If you are creating more than room, make sure you label each room or area. Make up different symbols for tables, doors, beds, counters, or windows. Draw a key in the corner of your paper to show what each symbol means. For example: Long rectangle is a counter or bed; square with circles around it is a table and chairs; X on the line is a window; and an arrow is the doorway.
11. Create a craft that you would find in a wizarding themed place. Wands, broom pencil, butterbeer tea, sweet treats, golden coins, puffy pets, games, and more.
12. Design your own shop sign or logo. What are you selling? Don't forget to make it unique or shape it to the items you are selling. Example: Dress shop, broom store, ice cream shop, cauldron shop, uniforms, books, mail, and apothecary.
13. Make a list of specific places you would like to visit in the wizarding shopping alley. Learn more about a specific place in the wizarding world. What makes it unique? Do they specialize in specific products? Example of products: postcards, journal, wand, jewelry, sweaters, and games.
14.Visit a wizarding place. This could be a town that is transformed into a wizard world, wizard event, shop, or amusement park.