BR - complete 2, JR - complete 3, CSA - complete 4
1. Read a document, book, or watch a movie that has made our freedom possible or features troops or soldiers.
2. Learn and sing a patriotic song.
3. Find out when it is necessary to dispose of a flag and how to dispose of it properly.
4. Find out 2 different types of awards military members can earn. Learn more HERE.
5. Talk to someone who has served our country or who is in a military family.
6. Learn about the different branches of the military.
7. Have a bake sale, fundraiser, or event honoring the troops.
8. Write a thank you card or note to a soldier, thanking them for their service. Learn more information on where to send it HERE.
9. Create blankets or tied fleece blanket throw for a soldier recovering. Learn how HERE. Step by step guide HERE.
10. Make and display a yellow ribbon on you for a patriotic holiday.
11. Learn about the history of the yellow ribbon and what it means. Click HERE to read about it.
12. Clip coupons for military families. Learn how HERE.
13. Make poppies for the Savannah, GA Wall of Valor. Get the kit to complete this requirement HERE. Learn about why HERE.
14. Make a care package for a soldier. Learn how HERE.
15. Collect candy for soldiers. Learn how HERE & HERE.
16. Volunteer to help at a veteran's assistance home or medical center OR run a clothing drive for it.
17. Write valentines for veterans. Find a location to give them to HERE.
18. Make a knit cap for soldiers---involves knitting. Learn how HERE.